Addiction Prevention and Recovery Services
Heartland Health Region offers a range of outpatient addiction prevention and recovery services to both youth and adults with alcohol, other drug and gambling problems. We also provide services to both youth and adults who have been impacted by someone else’s use of alcohol, other drugs or problem gambling behaviour.
Services are free of charge to anyone possessing a valid Saskatchewan Health Services Card.
Addictions counsellors are based in Rosetown, Biggar, Unity, Kindersley and Outlook.
Services can also be provided through satellite clinics in Kyle, Elrose, Dinsmore, Lucky Lake, Beechy, Davidson, Eston, Kerrobert, Macklin and Wilkie upon request.
- Individual, family and group outpatient counselling and education.
- 180 Alcohol and Drug Diversion Program for youth who are ticketed by the RCMP for minor consumption/possession of alcohol and/or possession of small amounts of controlled substances in lieu of paying the fine
- Ongoing assessment & treatment planning
- Referral to in-patient facilities
- Client and caregiver education & information
- Primary prevention through presentations to schools and community groups, information groups, and promotion of healthy living
Our services are accessed through the Region’s Centralized Intake system by calling the toll-free number 1-866-268-9139, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Other services such as presentations and information are available by contacting the health care facility where counsellors are based.
Members of DAWN are people just like you who want their communities to be healthy, safe and supportive. In an attempt to make this happen and be one step closer to the goal of healthy, safe and supportive communities, the Drug and Alcohol Awareness Wellness Network (DAWN) will launch their regional drug strategy to communities across the region on Tuesday, September 22, 2009. The strategy has been a year in the making. To view the strategy click on link below: