Services provided by Public Health Nurses include:
• Identify health needs of community and implementation of programs to meet those needs.
• Development and co-ordination of support groups and community programs.
• Work in collaboration with other agencies and professionals to deliver programs.
• Make referrals to other agencies as necessary.
• Provide field experience and teaching for students from University Nursing Programs.
• Provide group education and healthy lifestyle seminars for various groups in the community upon request.
Communicable Disease Control
o Infants & Preschoolers
o School Children
o International Travelers
o Health Care Workers
o Universal Flu Programming
• Investigation of Communicable Diseases:
o Follow up of communicable diseases (such as whooping cough, and sexually transmitted diseases) to identify the possible cause and provide teaching regarding the spread of the disease and the prevention of reoccurrence.
Maternal Child Health
• Prenatal Classes and home visits as necessary.
• Postnatal Support – home visits and phone calls.
• Pregnant Adolescent Program.
• Breastfeeding Education and Support; Lactation Consultant.
• Child Health Clinics.
• Parenting Classes.
School Health Program
• Student health counseling.
• Health teaching upon request.
• Provide resource information to teachers and students.
Contact your local Community Services Centre for more information:
Davidson Community Health Services – 567-2305
Rosetown Community Health Services – 882-2672 Ext. 3 / option 3
Outlook Community Health Services – 867-8676
Kindersley Community Health Services – 463-1000
Kerrobert Community Health Services – 834-2646 Ext. 2815
Unity Community Health Services – 228-2666
Biggar Community Health Services – 948-3323 ext. 2730